Happy Easter!
Good news, we have found a new family. And they are awesome. The mom came to church yesterday, and she really enjoyed it and felt the spirit. Then in the afternoon we went to her house and she presented us to her whole family. There are her husband and 5 kids, between the ages of 18 and 28, but we had an awesome lesson, and afterword we joked around and whatnot. It was a good time. I may not be perfect in Spanish, I have a lot more to learn, but I can joke around pretty normal now, that’s always good news! They invited us over to have lunch with their whole family this Saturday! we are going to eat, share a message and who knows, maybe even play a game! ha they are awesome. I have an image in my head of the whole family entering the church next Sunday. I will be the happiest man on earth! No joke. The Lord has blessed us so much here in this area. We just need to keep on going and I really think the whole family will be baptized the end of May. That would be the best! We also have other amazing investigators that are progressing and we had a few come to church yesterday. Speaking of church, I gave a talk yesterday, but the reason I am telling you is cause what happened was pretty funny. Ha I was giving my talk, and I felt comfortable and not really nervous at all. Well I was talking and before you know it the Bishop showed me a paper that said “tiempo”, which means time! haha I thought it was pretty funny, I did go past time 5 minutes.. I worry I might be turning into one of those old folks that gets up and talks forever haha no just kidding.
Other than that it is hotter than hot here in Pichanaki! Dang I’m burning up, and always sweating. It’s good times though. At least we have a fan in our room, I definitely can’t complain.
Elder Riggs
Good news, we have found a new family. And they are awesome. The mom came to church yesterday, and she really enjoyed it and felt the spirit. Then in the afternoon we went to her house and she presented us to her whole family. There are her husband and 5 kids, between the ages of 18 and 28, but we had an awesome lesson, and afterword we joked around and whatnot. It was a good time. I may not be perfect in Spanish, I have a lot more to learn, but I can joke around pretty normal now, that’s always good news! They invited us over to have lunch with their whole family this Saturday! we are going to eat, share a message and who knows, maybe even play a game! ha they are awesome. I have an image in my head of the whole family entering the church next Sunday. I will be the happiest man on earth! No joke. The Lord has blessed us so much here in this area. We just need to keep on going and I really think the whole family will be baptized the end of May. That would be the best! We also have other amazing investigators that are progressing and we had a few come to church yesterday. Speaking of church, I gave a talk yesterday, but the reason I am telling you is cause what happened was pretty funny. Ha I was giving my talk, and I felt comfortable and not really nervous at all. Well I was talking and before you know it the Bishop showed me a paper that said “tiempo”, which means time! haha I thought it was pretty funny, I did go past time 5 minutes.. I worry I might be turning into one of those old folks that gets up and talks forever haha no just kidding.
Other than that it is hotter than hot here in Pichanaki! Dang I’m burning up, and always sweating. It’s good times though. At least we have a fan in our room, I definitely can’t complain.
Elder Riggs
No comments:
Post a Comment