Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Letter from May 2

This week we saw a miracle in our area!  At the beginning of the change we set a goal of 3 baptisms in April.  We prayed about it and I really felt our goal should be 3.  Well at the middle of this week it was looking as if we weren’t going to complete it.  We had 2, but another investigator we had planned fell through.  I can’t lie, I was worried.  We then discussed an investigator that was ready for baptism.  She has a huge testimony.  I have no doubt in my mind she will be a faithful member.  But her baptism date was set for the 7th of May. Well Friday we went to her house to challenge her to be baptized the following day, Saturday.  We felt very good about it too, she really was ready.  She had all her church attendances, she had a huge testimony of the church and the Book of Mormon.  HUGE!  She’s one of the coolest investigators I´ve seen in the mission. Well we arrived and she told us right off the bat that she had made the final decision that she was going to be baptized on the 7th and she was very excited.  After we challenged her for the next day, we explained the importance of baptism, but also how important it is that we are prepared and ready to follow the example of the Savior the rest of our lives.  And we told her that if she didn’t feel ready we could wait.  Well, she accepted!!!!!!  I am still amazed!  She was baptized and confirmed this weekend! The Lord’s hand was really in it.  It goes to show that with Him nothing is impossible, nothing.  I am very happy.  Last night when we got home, I was soooo happy.  The Lord helped us complete the goal, and it was a testimony builder for me.  It helped me see that with the goals we make in life should really push us, and we should put our trust in the Lord to help us in whatever goal we have.

Chau
Elder Riggs

(Note: Every week before I post the letters from Skylar I edit them, take out stuff he wrote to the family specifically and edit for grammar/spelling. Well I think one of these weeks I won't edit his letter. I figure his Spanish must be amazing cuz sometimes parts of his letter don't make sense haha! I really think he's forgetting English. But it makes the letters hilarious!)

No comments:

Post a Comment