Monday, April 11, 2011

Letter from April 11

Coming in from the jungle!! It’s pretty awesome here. Today for P-day we are going to this place with all these animals and a snake and we get the chance to hold them if we want. The jungle is crazy.  It’s so green, with tons of trees and what not. Speaking of awesome experiences, we had a baptism on Friday!!!!  Crazy huh? What happened is we showed up to our area last Monday after p-day and the bishop told us there was a lady that wanted to get baptized.  I couldn’t believe it. When we arrived at her house to talk to her, she told us that she had talked with the missionaries before and they had taught her a little, but that about 2 and a half months ago she decided she didn’t want to get baptized,  but now she did.   What a blessing it was. Cleaning out the baptismal font was a chore. Because it’s outside, and in the jungle it rains a lot.  I’m sure you can all imagine, the water was nasty colors, there was a dead frog, and other bugs.  There was literally green moss. But with a lot of work and some luck, we got it cleaned out, filled up and ready, it took a total of about 7 hours. I had the wonderful opportunity to baptize her.  It was awesome! She felt the spirit so strong after her baptism, even though the water was a little cold. Ha and I know she will stay strong in the church.  The best part is that it completes the family!

Also in the jungle it is hot!!!!! If it’s not raining it’s about 90 degrees and humid, but everyone says we are just beginning summer and it is supposed to get hotter.  I don’t think I am going to get a winter this year. But it really is awesome!

The work is really beginning to come along and we are finding more investigators and putting the ones we have with baptism dates.  The Lord has blessed us so much.  I have learned how much he is willing to help and put people in our path if we just work and obey the rules. We have a goal of 3 baptisms this month, it will take a lot of work, but I know we can do it.  As for other news… our pension is awesome. Her husband is the bishop. He is young, returned from the mission not too long ago. My comp is a cool kid, we are getting along great.  He has the desire to work hard, and that’s really the most important thing.  We are doing awesome. Oh I did find a new animal in our room, it was a mini lizard. How sweet is that?  I didn’t get a picture though cause we were trying to kill it.  We got it though, so don’t you worry.  Oh and in our bathroom there are little flying bugs, we got to take care of those suckers. You never know what you’re going to find here in the jungle.  You’re the best. Take it easy.

Elder Riggs

No comments:

Post a Comment