Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Letter from April 18

I’m here in the jungle, lovin’ it!  We had an incredible week!! Seriously!  The work in Pichanaki is moving along so well!  We had 5 people in sacrament meeting.  That was good to see!  We also have some investigators now with baptism dates.  We will see how it goes.   Oh and how can I forget p-day!  I did one of the craziest things in my entire life.  It was overall an awesome p-day.  We went to this little zoo place with a few different types of animals, which I was able to hold three different animals.  And they aren´t your normal everyday animals either.  I remember before the mission I saw pictures of a return missionary holding some type of animal, and I told myself, I want that to be me in my mission.  Well it happened!  Now I’m sure you all want to know what kind of animals they were.  It’s not going to do any justice without the photos.

Anyway this week we spent a lot more time teaching lessons, that was great to see.  Cause the first week we spent a lot of time knocking doors and contacting people, that’s fun too though!  Oh wait you probably want to know what kind of animals they are right.  Well the first two were a little different.  A big bird and some type of crazy animal, furry with whiskers, not sure what it’s called. And.......... an ANACONDA!!!!!!  haha sweet huh?  I was so scared, but I thought to myself, I may never have this opportunity again, so of course I held it… shaking scared.  It was about 8 feet long and its width was a little bigger than a large mug.  I held it around my neck and we got a picture of our district with it.  I can’t wait to send the pictures. You’re not going to believe me till you see them.  But they are so sweet! That was the amazing p-day!

Other than that, know that I am doing wonderful.  I love it here in the jungle!  It’s a great experience.  The work is going great and the Spanish continues to come little by little.  My comp is good as well, we get along really well!  No complaints, oh and the good news is, yesterday on of our investigators owns a bakery, and gave us 5 full size cakes. haha what more can you ask for? I love you guys!! Thanks for all your wonderful support.

Elder Riggs

No comments:

Post a Comment