Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Letter from March 21

Great News!  We had an awesome weekend!  Some of our investigators were baptized.  Christina 19, Luis 19 and Jon 11.  It’s awesome cause now the whole family is members and active!  It was a great experience and we met our goal for the month of 4 baptisms.  The Lord has helped us so much to find these people and because they were able to progress in the gospel and were baptized!!  Right now we also have two families that are awesome, we are working on completing them.  In one family the kids are members, but the parents aren’t. However they are coming to church regularly now and have a baptism date for the first week in April.   In the other family one of the daughters was baptized a year ago in Argentina and came back and we are teaching her parents and her brother.  This family was prepared to her the gospel, the parents have attended many different churches but said that they didn’t feel good in them, but the mom said she felt very peaceful in the church on Sunday! 

Norman is doing pretty good, the bad news is that he isn’t going to be baptized this week, he said he doesn’t feel prepared enough.  We will keep working with him though and hope for the best.  Other than that the rest of our investigators are doing well!  I have come to realize that the Lord has put people in our path that are prepared!  It’s a great blessing, and I know he will continue to do so as I continue to work and obey the rules.

I have been out six months tomorrow!! The time really does go by fast, I feel good, I have worked hard every day, learned a lot, had many experiences, and success. I have officially eaten rice everyday two meals a day for 6 months.  The side effects, I’m fat, and I will never touch rice again after my mission. I have set a new world record, no McDonald’s for 6 months! 

No comments:

Post a Comment