We had a baptism this weekend! We also had conference with our President and his wife. I learned so much. Basically the mission is preparation for the rest of your life! It helped me a lot. And we had Papa John’s delivered. Ha so there are zero complaints.
And now I’m going to tell you the things I have learned about Peru over the last five months. I hope you enjoy!!!!
-- The people are all really nice and very accepting; a lot are willing to listen. I love the people.
--A gringo sticks out like a sore thumb, haha and everyone knows it.
--In the states if you find a hair in your food it’s a big surprise right? Well it’s a little different here, if you don’t find a hair in your food it’s always a happy surprise! I can’t count how many hairs I have seen in my food. And on that same note, if you don’t have rice with your meal, it’s not considered a meal.
--There are more dogs than people and I have come to find out that if a dog is lying in the street and doesn’t move when you pass it, then it’s probably dead! No joke, ha there are quite a few dead dogs around.
--And speaking of animals and bugs, if you don’t find a cockroach in your room within the first few days, you’re not living in Peru. I have now encountered 6 cockroaches in our room, oh and I am going to brag a little and say that I have demolished all 6 of them
--If you want to start an activity or a meeting or something at 4 o'clock, you need to tell everyone to be there at 2:00. Unfortunately the majority will still show up after 5, I have yet to start a baptism even close to on-time!
--The drunk guys I’m pretty sure drink till they drop, cause it doesn’t matter if it’s 7 in the morning or 9 at night, we always seem to find some, and boy do they love the missionaries, ha and even better the white missionaries.. Its good times though, we always make sure to invite them to church, don’t worry.
--Always remember in Peru that cars are first, not pedestrians. And the buses are always an enjoyable rollercoaster ride, especially when the bus is so full that you are standing in one place and somehow touching 8 people.
--The missionary’s rooms usually are clean, I know it’s a big surprise, go ahead and laugh.... But they rarely smell good! Which I’m sure you could guess.
Hasta Luego
No comments:
Post a Comment