Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Letter from February 21

Man, I’m stoked to write you guys!  This week has been awesome!  One of the best weeks in the mission!  We had changes on Tuesday night.  I am staying here in Chosica, my comp Elder Alvarez left to La Merced, the jungle!  He was a great comp and trainer and taught me a lot of things.  We worked very well together and had some good success. I was ready for the changes though, nothing against him. Just living for 3 months with the same person is crazy, ha and for someone very independent like me, three months is plenty.  But you will never guess who my companion is.  Ha when I found out I was stoked. It was a missionary that was in the MTC with me in Lima!  How crazy is that? We have pretty much the same time in the mission.  He is from Chile and his name is Elder Avalos. I never in my life would have thought that I would be with someone I was in the MTC with, especially this early in my mission, but I can’t lie, I am soooo excited! This week was awesome!! I haven’t laughed as hard and had as much fun, yet learned so much and improved so much in this past week.  He is an awesome teacher, and is very good with people.  Seriously I thought I was a good people person, well you should see him.  It’s helping me big time though.  He is hilarious too. We are always joking around and enjoying the mission. I have a feeling we are going to have a lot of success in this area too, one because this area is awesome, and two because we work so well together!  We have some investigators that are progressing right now and things are going well. 

We had the best lunch with members ever yesterday!  With the lady that owns the house we live in, her son (who is crazy, can speak a little English, and absolutely hilarious), and her daughter.  I have never laughed so hard!  Now that I can speak fairly decent and understand the majority of what people are saying, I am becoming more like myself. And although it was nothing like a Sunday get together with the fam, it reminded me a little bit of one because we were laughing so hard and having a good time!!  And we are always joking around and having a good time with my pension. Yesterday she gave us meat, and you will never guess what she did... haha she took my knife and fork and cut my meat into little pieces, like my and dad did when I was a little kid.  haha it was hilarious, but I loved it and couldn’t complain cause it was less work for me!! Funny right?  Yeah and that’s about it!! I hope everything is going awesome!! Take it easy!

Elder Riggs

No comments:

Post a Comment