This week was a great week! We have been blessed with awesome members in this area that are very supportive and helpful in the mission work. We are preparing some investigators for baptism this week, so I am pretty stoked about that! A little info on those investigators, they are all way awesome, but all have trials and different challenges in their life. As a missionary you meet a ton of people and once you really get to know them, you get to know their concerns, trials and challenges. Its way different for me because you know me, I am the most laid-back, care-free guy there is, and I can honestly say I have been blessed to not have a lot of challenges in my life. The thing I have come to recognize is really why we are here on the earth and more fully what our purpose is. Our purpose is to learn and progress with the goal of returning to live with our Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and our families, in a state of more happiness than we can imagine. But in order to learn and progress we have to pass through trials. They aren’t very fun, and can make us sad, but it’s all for a reason. With every trial that the investigators have, though the answers may be in different forms, it always seems to come down to trusting in the Lord, and learning from the trial that they are going through. I have seen the mission presents different trials and challenges, and at times it seems there are more in the mission than in life back at home. But it’s because this is the time where we as missionaries are being tested, we have to learn and continue to grow. I have found that through the gospel we can always have hope when we are experiencing trials.
Have a great week!
Elder Riggs
No comments:
Post a Comment