Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Letter from February 14

Well this weekend was an awesome weekend!  We were very busy and had 4 baptisms!  It was awesome!  One is an older lady who is one of the funniest ladies I have ever met.  The other day she had us over for lunch and we ended up being in her house for about 3 hours. She loves to talk, but she is awesome!  We also baptized Marisa, she is in her thirties and has a 10 year old kid, she has been going through a lot of hard times and a while ago got a divorce from her husband.  She was pretty depressed when we first visited her and over these few weeks with her she has become happier because she has accepted the gospel in her life.  And the fourth was Sara, she is in her twenties and has also gone through a lot of troubles.  She is the daughter of Claudia (we baptized Claudia in my first change) she has a big family and they all live here in Chosica. Slowly but surely we are trying to work with the whole family.

Good news!  I finish my training tomorrow, and my second change. Your first two changes are considered training and boy did I learn a whole lot. Tomorrow is the end of the change and anything could happen.  I will for sure get a new companion, cause in this mission you don’t have a comp longer than 2 changes. My comp has been good, he works hard and that is something that I’m very grateful for.  As long as they work hard I can deal with everything else.  Overall we got along pretty well, I felt like it was very good considering you’re with the person 24/7 for 3 months. He has taught me a lot and we have had a lot of good experiences and success together.

I’m just about half way done with the BOM in Spanish… oh man the first time through is tough. I remember the first couple chapters I felt like a little kid trying to read for the first time. Well it’s P-day and I am going to go eat, and play some futbol. Take it easy!!

Hasta Luego
Elder Riggs

No comments:

Post a Comment