Our ward here in Chosica is very supportive, they just called a bunch of teenagers and young adults as ward missionaries. So we have a lot of people that can come with us now when we have visits and appointments. It helps a ton cause the investigators can make friends with the members and feel more comfortable. We also had a baptism of Eduardo on Saturday. His mom is a member but hasn’t gone to church for over ten years I believe so it was awesome because she came to the baptism and we are trying to get her to come back to church.
I have a story but I was debating whether or not to say it cause I don’t want anyone to get offended. Ha what am I saying you guys would just think it’s funny! Anyway about a week ago we came into the house of my pensionista, (Cook) and it smelled horrible!!! No joke one of the worst smells I have ever smelt. And immediately my mind when straight to (Oh boy, what do we have in store for lunch) so we went and sat down and she set the food in front of me and it was some crazy meat, covered in spinach... No joke spinach, and with some nasty smelling sauce. I thought I was going to throw up. Oh and I can’t forget the other half of the plate that was filled with rice and also covered in spinach and the sauce. So I began to choke it down, slowly but surely. Then after about twenty, thirty minutes. I began to gag, ha but don’t worry it gets better. My comp by this time had finished and was in the other room lying down, and I began to think of a way that I could get rid of the food, cause it’s not good to waste food, but especially here in Peru, cause they can get offended. So after I thought of about it for a minute, I realized that there wasn’t a garbage can, the window wouldn’t work cause they would find it when they walked outside, and I couldn’t put it on my companions plate because he would notice. But then I had a wonderful idea. I had a couple napkins.... And then I noticed the bathroom door was open! What a great idea, right? ha so as I began to wrap the food in the napkins I quickly realized that it wasn’t going to work, because the food was to wet and would just fall through.. So I ran to the bathroom and found a roll of toilet paper. I grabbed some toilet paper and ran back to my plate. And with much skill and talent, I got the majority of the food in the toilet paper. Then I slowly and sneakily walked past my comp, with the huge wad of food in my hand, which was somewhat in my pocket. I walked in the bathroom, shut the door, and I don’t want anyone to be offended by this part, but I flushed the food down the toilet! Oh man, I consider myself a genius! What do you guys think? Talk to you soon!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment