January 3
As far as this week things are really good! We are finding some new investigators and working hard. We have changes tomorrow. So I am pretty sure something is gonna happen, I will probably stay but not 100 percent sure, I could switch comps. Who knows, but it’s crazy to think I am finishing up with my first change.. Time is starting to move fast!
Anyway what did I do on New Year’s Eve? Haha I slept!! There were tons of fireworks but I was already sleeping like a rock. I got to take advantage of every minute of sleep I get during the night here in the mission.
Well things are going really good! The language is coming slowly but surely. The food..... Well it’s Peruvian. I am almost never am hungry and I usually ask for a little, but apparently a little to my pension is a little different. Cause she always brings a huge plate. I have had to force food down quite a bit the last little while. But it’s all a good time!! haha Just can’t get enough of the rice, I will tell you what.. Man!!
December 27
A crazy thing happened in church. In our second ward it was about 10:10 and church is supposed to start at 10. But anyway we were just greeting people as they came in and then the bishopric came and said the famous words every missionary loves to hear. “Elders, two of our speakers today just called in sick, so can you two give 10 minute talks each.” Yeah no problema. haha, they told us it was on missionary work so I thought ok I should be fine then. Just condense my farewell talk and change the language right. Ha so I did a minute or two of reviewing and that was that… To be totally honest I was a little nervous but not too bad.. Ha my companion I thought was going to pass out. He was pretty scared. I wanted to be like relax, at least you know the language really well. But honestly that’s the only thing I was concerned about.. Well it came time for me to give a talk I got up, prayed for help, and surprisingly it went really well. I pretty much winged it and there was only one word that I didn´t know. But I spoke the whole 10 minutes and I felt like i gave a decent talk… It wasn´t me though, I definitely had some help! I was grateful for that blessing. But yeah after my comp said my Spanish was almost perfect during my talk.. I had no idea so I just took his word for it. Haha, well that was my first legit talk in sacrament meeting. But I was grateful for the experience.
December 20
This past week was good! We had 3 baptisms! It was awesome! Seriously miracles because at first they all had doubts, but with patience it all came together. That’s five for us this month! Truly a blessing! I got to baptize two of them two! Ha the water is always freezing cause they don’t have water heaters. So it’s always a good time watching the investigators enter the font. Good times though! It’s good to have success this early. Now just gotta keep moving. We had a Christmas party with about half of the mission and the president and his wife. It was pretty cool. Each zone did a skit, which were all pretty funny. We told jokes, ate food, had a magician come! It was all a good time!
Elder Riggs
AKA, Muscle Beach!! ha well not anymore....
December 14
We had a baptism this week. It was another awesome experience and we also have two planned for this next week. One of them is a lady in her 20´s and the others are kids. They are all way awesome! We usually spend most of our days at appointments or contacting. That’s one good thing about Peru is there are people that want to hear the truth, so we usually have a few appointments everyday… That’s definitely a blessing. My comp is trying to learn English, and he study’s it sometimes during the time I study Spanish. Ha let’s just say I am glad I know English...
We ride the buses here quite a bit. The bus is already moving before you can even get on and you just try and hold on. It’s like a rollercoaster. It has now been 3 months since I have eaten at Mcdonalds or any fast food...what’s up? That is an accomplishment I am very proud of. And after the mission I promise it will never happen again.
No comments:
Post a Comment