Friday, January 14, 2011

Letter from January 10


Hola familia-

Now that the holidays are past, how are you all enjoying the snow and freezing cold?  It’s heating up more everyday here.  The hottest months are January and February.

In the mission this week we had changes.  There were a lot of changes, everyone in our zone changed comps except me and my companion, but I don’t mind.  We get along really well.  I enjoy this area a lot too!  Right now we have a few investigators progressing! Of those one is a family that we contacted, a family of four.  The mom told us the first time we visited with them that she had been praying to find out which church was true.  It was a blessing that we were able to find and teach them and it was an answer to her prayers.  They are very receptive and the mom has a lot of faith.  We gave each of the kids their own Books of Mormon because the first time we only gave them one and I guess they both wanted to read it at the same time.  

Oh and I must stick out like a sore thumb here because everyone recognizes that I am a gringo. Haha the other day there were some kids playing in the streets and we walked by and one of them started to freak out. He was like, “Look everyone look, a gringo.  Hey do you guys see the gringo?” ha it was pretty fun.  Then about an hour later when we passed back by the kid again started yelling “Hey the gringos back.  Look everyone.  Hey Gringo!”  Then he ran to me and asked me if I spoke English or Spanish. I replied both. He then begged me to say something in English, so I talked a little to him in English. Then as we were leaving he started telling all his friends, “Did you guys see that gringo? Did you see him?” Good kid!  

Love,
Elder Riggs

No comments:

Post a Comment