Monday, March 26, 2012

Letter from March 26

This week has been yet another week of great experiences.  We were blessed to be able to finish the week strong having many investigators in Church.  Last week we had one investigator in Sacrament meeting, so we have been working hard to have more people this week.  One of the people that attended accepted a baptismal date for this coming Saturday. Her name is Evelin, she is married to a guy that is an active member of the church. She is very excited, especially to be sealed in the temple. She always asks us why she has to prepare herself for one year after her baptism to be sealed in the temple. She wants to do it now.  It’s always good to see the excitement she has and the determination to be sealed in the temple.  I’m very excited because we will be having here baptism between conference sessions Saturday!! That’s right!!  General conference, I am so excited!  I remember someone said that for missionaries watching conference was like watching the superbowl.  He was right!  I am very excited!

We are teaching Gregorio, Teresa, and one of their daughters.  They came to church yesterday, but only to sacrament meeting, because they went to another church after.  They are a little confused and looking for the truth.  That’s the kind of people that we love as missionaries, because we know that if they are willing, they can receive a testimony of this church, and I know that they are willing to do their part.  Oh and the great news is that they are married!  So we will be focusing primarily on baptism.  We are going to challenge them tonight for the 14th of April!  Let’s hope everything goes great!  Another girl that came to church is named Valentina, we are currently teaching her and her family, but she was the only one that came to church yesterday.  It seemed like she enjoyed sacrament meeting and is excited to learn more.  We knocked on her door about a week and a half ago and she has progressed a lot in this week, she is 18 and has her parents, her grandma and her brother and sister that live there with her, we are hoping that we can start teaching the whole family.  As I have told you many times before here in Huánuco is awesome!  I think it might be my favorite area, because the people are so great and so willing to accept and the members are so awesome and supportive. I hope I stay here for a while.

Other than that, the dogs have been behaving well this week, vegetables have become what I eat most and the weather here is great as always.  Love you guys and hope you have a great week.  

Elder Riggs

No comments:

Post a Comment