I am living the dream here in the mission. It has been a GREAT week here in Huánuco. We didn’t have the opportunity to work very much in our area this week with conference, divisions, interviews, ect., but we were able to see miracles. I haven´t seen an area in my mission yet where the people are so eager to accept the gospel and listen to the message that we have. With a couple days of work in our area this week we were able to set up 3 more people with a baptismal date. We now have 7 people with a baptismal date and we will continue to find new investigators. My last area was a little bit more difficult, but now I’m working in an area that is truly blessed. It’s a great experience to be able to be in both areas and experience both sides. This week we met a guy who came to church that apparently has been listening to the missionaries for some time, but has never wanted to accept a baptismal date. Well after the class that we taught Sunday, we sat down next to him and he turned to my companion and asked him what he needed to do to be baptized. My companion reassured him that he was prepared. He just needed to decide the date. He decided to be baptized this upcoming Saturday! How cool is that? The Lord really does help us and he touches people’s hearts if we just work.
As far as my area, I am loving it. I couldn’t ask for a better area. My companion is the MAN. I learn so much from him. As I told you last week he teaches very well. I am taking advantage of this time we have together and I know that I will finish this change a better missionary and more prepared. He also enjoys running. We go running about 10 to 15 minutes in the morning in the best weather in the world. My pensionista is also the MAN, She is a great cook, and an even better person. She is a health nut. She cooks food so healthy. The other day we ate a plate of white rice with broccoli, and an apple. She says she will never cook us french fries because they are very bad for your health. She is very funny, we get along very well and get a few good laughs.
Yesterday the ward was split into two and a few of the members went to a small building to have the sacrament meeting there. With my companion we did divisions, he went to the chapel and I went to the small church building. It was awesome. We had 3 new investigators and a ton of little kids. It made me feel cool, because there were about 30 people in a small building, it was a great experience and has helped us as missionaries to find new people to teach. I love you all very much and wish you a great week. Talk to you all soon!
Elder Riggs
As far as my area, I am loving it. I couldn’t ask for a better area. My companion is the MAN. I learn so much from him. As I told you last week he teaches very well. I am taking advantage of this time we have together and I know that I will finish this change a better missionary and more prepared. He also enjoys running. We go running about 10 to 15 minutes in the morning in the best weather in the world. My pensionista is also the MAN, She is a great cook, and an even better person. She is a health nut. She cooks food so healthy. The other day we ate a plate of white rice with broccoli, and an apple. She says she will never cook us french fries because they are very bad for your health. She is very funny, we get along very well and get a few good laughs.
Yesterday the ward was split into two and a few of the members went to a small building to have the sacrament meeting there. With my companion we did divisions, he went to the chapel and I went to the small church building. It was awesome. We had 3 new investigators and a ton of little kids. It made me feel cool, because there were about 30 people in a small building, it was a great experience and has helped us as missionaries to find new people to teach. I love you all very much and wish you a great week. Talk to you all soon!
Elder Riggs
No comments:
Post a Comment