Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Letter from February 6

I am now in a new area.  There is an area in our zone called La Oroya, Antigua, its right next to Marcavalle, where I was before.  Well in the last 10 months there has been 1 baptism there. Well my companion Elder Brown and I had the idea to change areas and work there in La Oroya, Antigua.  We presented the idea to President and he loved it.  Now we are in La Oroya, Antigua.  It really is a great area and I know we can have a lot of success here. We just need to stay focused and put our trust in the Lord.  We found a couple that have been prepared by the Lord. The guy’s name is Elvis and the girl’s is Liz.  He is 23 and she is 21, they have been together about 5 years and have a 2 year old kid.  They aren´t married, but they desire to get married and baptized.  We have taught them 3 times because we don’t have many investigators and they want us to visit them every day.  They came to church and during be fast and testimony meeting.  We were sitting towards the back of the chapel explaining to them what was going on when Elvis turned to my companion and asked him if he (Elvis) could give his testimony. When my companion told him yes, he got up and began to go to the pulpit.  I was both nervous and excited at the same time.  Nervous because you all know how testimony meeting is at times.  Well when he got up there he began to talk and I can honestly say he shared one of the most powerful testimonies that I have heard.  He said that it was his first time in church and that he had only listened to the missionaries for a couple days, but that he knew he had found the true church here on earth and that he wanted to become a member.  It was a very spiritual experience. They are progressing very fast and have a wedding date and baptismal date for the 25th of this month.  I still can’t believe it, everything has happened so fast.  I am so grateful for the help of the Lord and because he put them in our path.

Talk to you later!

Elder Riggs

No comments:

Post a Comment