Thursday, February 23, 2012

Letter from February 20

Well this week has been a wonderful week!!  This coming weekend we have a baptism planned for a man named Juan, he is 38 years old. He listened to missionaries before, but didn’t want to be baptized. However, now he is very excited to take the first steps this coming Saturday.  I’m pretty stoked, we will be seeing our first baptism this weekend in la Oroya, Antigua.  Elvis and Liz are also doing very well, they had a fundraiser on Saturday to raise money for their wedding. They are more than excited.

I found out this past week that some of my converts in Marcavalle have callings now in the church.  The family of Abraham and Dina, who were the ones that were married and baptized in December.  Well last week Abraham received the priesthood and was called as the first counselor in the Sunday School Presidency and Dina was called as the Young Women’s President.  I was very excited to hear about that. Luz also has desires to go on a mission.  She said that she wants to go on a mission after here first year of preparation in the church.  It’s one of the greatest things to hear the progress of the converts. Especially here where one of the biggest challenges is members going inactive.  We are progressing a lot in the zone!

Funny story of the week, between me and my companion we have one key to our room, and it just so happened that we forgot the key, ha imagine that. But this time it wasn’t my fault.  The last ten times it was my fault, so it felt good to see that I wasn’t the only one that forgets.  Well it was later at night and we have to go to Marcavalle to the room of the missionaries.  Well some of the people here instead of saying ¨wow¨, they say ¨i karumba”.  I always think it’s pretty funny.  Well my companion informed me that at about 3 in the morning I shouted, i karumba, but I was still sleeping haha!

Well that’s about it for this week.  Things are going great as always! The dogs seem to hate me more and more every day, the drunks seem to
love me more and more every day, and the rice is as white as ever.  I love it though.  Love you guys and hope you have a great week!

Elder Riggs

No comments:

Post a Comment