Monday, November 7, 2011

Letter from November 7

I had no idea that La Oroya was so high up in the mountains 16,000 ft. is way high. That’s probably why every time I go to the pension, I get tired and am breathing heavy, ha  just thought I was being a little girl, but now I have an excuse.  To get to the pension we also have to climb a big flight of stairs, so that also adds a little more work, but as far as my new pensionista, she is a great lady.  She is different than the other pensionistas that I have had, she is a little bit older, more quiet, but she cooks great and she is way nice.

Here in Marcavalle is a branch, the members are awesome, very supportive and great people. It doesn’t matter where you go you will always find so many great members.  It also doesn’t matter where I go in Peru, there will also always be members that have trouble pronouncing our last name, ha.  Last Sunday they asked me to get up in sacrament meeting, introduce myself, and share a short testimony. When the branch President was introducing me he said, we have a new Elder serving in the branch, Elder Ex.  hahaha I don’t know which is better, Elder Ex. or Elder Ritch.  Good times!  I love the ward though, they are all the MAN!  We also have quite a few investigators that we are teaching and finding, they are all really great people, we are having a little problem with Sunday,  a lot of the people that said that they were going to come didn’t end up coming. That’s one of the biggest challenges in the mission, oh and right now we are also teaching two couples that aren’t married, but have the desire to be married. We will be helping them out in hopes of a marriage by the first of January. Thanks for all your prayers.

As for today, P day is going to be a little bit different, when I finish writing you, I will be boarding a bus with my companion headed for the city of Lima.  It’s been a while since I have been there. Tomorrow we have a meeting with the President.  At the first of every month we travel to Lima to have a meeting and see how all the zones are doing and receive zone leader training from President Ardila.  I’m way excited, I heard it is awesome, the food is great, and there is usually a pretty cool activity. I do worry a bit when we have to leave our area for a few days, but I know the Lord will take care of the area while we are gone.  We will be coming back here Thursday.  I will let you know how it was in next week’s letter.  Other than that things are great.  My companion is a good guy, we get along very well. Talk to you soon! 

Elder Riggs

No comments:

Post a Comment