Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Letter from November 21

It has been yet another great week here in the Mountains of Peru.  We had the conference Wednesday, with Elder Waddell of the Seventy.  He really is a special witness of Christ and it was such a pleasure to be able to meet him and receive training from him and talk with him.  He had so much power you could feel it just listening to him and talking with him, a very special guy.  I learned so much and was edified during the conference.  It helped me to see in what I need to improve on.  Elder Waddell also speaks awesome Spanish, I hope that at the end of my mission with consistent study I can speak like him.

This week we have had a few struggles, but so many blessings!  We had a baptism planned for yesterday, but the investigator didn’t show up, we went to her house and she wasn´t there.  We had no idea what was going on, but later on in the night we talked with her by phone and she told us that the night before she had some big challenges and wasn’t able to come.  Right now we are just there to support her and cheer her up.  That’s about all we can do.  Pray for her, she needs it big time.  Satan always puts big challenges the days before a baptism, and something that I have come to find out is the stronger or more converted the person, the bigger the challenge, but I know she will overcome it and be able to continue forward. 

Yesterday we were able to teach 12 new investigators, 3 complete families. I have been praying to find families to teach and help and the Lord is answering my prayers.  Thanks to some references that we received yesterday we were able to find 3 families that are so great.  The best news is that at least one of the families is married and we are pretty sure that one of the others is too.  They are families ready for the gospel.  What a blessing it was, I will keep you posted with these families and their progress.

This week I also went to the area of Junin, it’s in the zone. I went there to do a division.  It was freezing, haha and you wouldn’t believe what happened. We were a long ways from the apartment and it started to rain hard, without umbrellas, and man was it crazy.  We ended up
talking to a lady outside in the rain for about 25 minutes, no joke, ha I was literally soaking wet and cold, haha! Well that’s pretty much the news for this week.  Have a great Thanksgiving dinner.  I love you all very much and wish you all the best. Take it easy!

Elder Riggs

No comments:

Post a Comment