I went to Lima this week, and man was it awesome! When we got there in the downtown city, I was literally in shock. The houses were so nice, there were a ton of newer cars, and it seemed like everyone was so rich. As you know I have been in Province for about 10 months now, and the areas that I have been in have been pretty poor. I can’t lie though, it seems so normal to me now, it’s part of my life, but when we arrived in Lima it was quite different. I can’t imagine how it will be when I arrive home! As for the Conference, it was the best. In Lima I also ate better than I have eaten in all my mission. I got to eat Pizza Hut, Dunkin Donuts (I didn’t even know that existed here), an awesome chicken sandwich from a fast food restaurant. I was loving it! Still haven’t had McDonalds, how about that? The conference was like a big sleepover, all the zone leaders from Provinces sleep in the mission offices and it was a good time. I got to see some of my buddies and it was very enjoyable. When we arrived back here in La Oroya we got right back to work and although it has been a short week here we had some great success. President Ardila taught us and helped us to see that if we trust in the Lord and go to work, he will help us to complete the goals that we have put. This week we have done that, and we have made great progress, we have the goal of 3 baptisms this month and everything is looking good at this moment, and I know if we don’t doubt the Lord will help us to complete our goal. We have a few families that we are teaching, but there are some challenges with marriage. As I mentioned before its one of the biggest challenges in this mission, but one of the families has the desire to do it, but they want to wait until February so they can finish the construction of their house, we will be helping them to do it earlier. They are an awesome family!
Other than that things are going great! This week we will be traveling to Huancayo for a conference with one of the seventies, he talked in general conference, his name is Elder Waddell, I am stoked to listen to him and meet him! Take it easy!!
Elder Eggs, Elder Ritch, Elder Ritz, Elder Ex., Elder Rees, etc.
Other than that things are going great! This week we will be traveling to Huancayo for a conference with one of the seventies, he talked in general conference, his name is Elder Waddell, I am stoked to listen to him and meet him! Take it easy!!
Elder Eggs, Elder Ritch, Elder Ritz, Elder Ex., Elder Rees, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment