Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Letter from April 23


This has been a great week.  We had interviews with President Ardila.  I also got the chance to meet one of the Seventy.  His name is Elder Vaiejo, he is from Ecuador.  He came here because there was a Stake Conference that he was speaking at.  Man, are those guys inspired or what?  It’s always a pleasure to hear them and feel their spirit.  I can’t imagine meeting the Prophet; that would be sweet!

Other news of the week, we had the baptisms of Geyman and Heidi.  They are going to be such powerful members.  I am sure of it!  The best part was Heidi’s testimony, she mentioned that when we leave the area that she might not see us again in this life, but that she would see us in the Kingdom of God, and that she was very thankful for the gospel that was brought into her life.  It helped me to see the importance of the work that we are doing.  We really don’t know what will happen with the people we teach or where they will get to, I´m just grateful for the chance to be a missionary and for the people the Lord puts in out path.  Now it’s time to keep working and bringing others into this gospel.  We are hoping to have the baptism of Evelin this week. I know I say that just about every week, but she traveled last week and we didn´t have the chance to talk with her. Keep her in your prayers and I know she will be baptized.  Thanks for your prayers and all your support.

I probably mentioned this last week, but my companion is awesome!  I seriously get along so well with him.  He has become one of my greatest friends.  One of the greatest blessings in the mission is a great companion that loves to work, obey and have fun!  There is nothing better.  My pensionista is great as well, she is turning into an even bigger health nut, but I love it.  I’m practically eating like a vegetarian.  Believe it or not! well that’s about it for this week.  I love you all and wish you a great week!  Take it easy!

Elder Riggs

No comments:

Post a Comment