I have some pretty crazy news for this week. As I told you last week, I would be getting a new companion this week because Elder Conde, my old companion went to another area. Well you will never in the world guess who my new companion is here in La Oroya. I was so surprised when I found out. First off what happened is almost impossible, because right now in the entire mission there are only two companionships that both the companions are North American’s. The crazy news is that I am in one of those companionships! My companion is Track Norris! I have known him for years. He has been a friend of mine. He ran cross country and track in high school and ran at UVU the same year that I ran at SUU. I always thought it would be cool to be companions with him, but I never thought it was possible. Now it is! He is a great guy! I am excited because he is a really hard worker and I know we will work very hard and very well together. He is getting used to La Oroya because he came from downtown Lima. We have gone running three times already in the mornings. It has been awesome! Although we run about 11 to 12 minutes and we are dead, because we haven’t run for a while and the altitude is a killer. We plan on running about 4 or 5 days a week in the mornings. I am pretty excited! We also celebrated his birthday yesterday. We had some cake with our pensionista, and let me tell you that the pensionista is very happy. I never told you, but she didn’t get along with my other companion very well. Let’s just say he wasn’t the most humble kid. She told us before we left that she wanted to have two gringos in her house. She is pretty happy now, a very awesome lady!
Like I told you last week we went to Lima for conference. That was awesome as always! President Ardila knows so much, it’s great to be able to learn from him and feel his spirit. We also had the opportunity to go to the temple in Lima. That’s always my favorite part. I love going to the temple! We also played some soccer. That was a good time. It was even better too because I could run without getting tired because we were at sea level, that was a huge difference. In our area we are seeing good progress, we are having a little bit of trouble with getting the investigators to church these past couple weeks, but we have some plans to help them out! The branch is awesome as always! We have a great mission night activity planned for this coming Friday. It should go great and we should be able to have a few new investigators
there as well. Today for p day we are going to a touristy place. I will make sure to take some pictures and sending them home very soon. I love you all very much and hope things are going great!
Elder Riggs
Like I told you last week we went to Lima for conference. That was awesome as always! President Ardila knows so much, it’s great to be able to learn from him and feel his spirit. We also had the opportunity to go to the temple in Lima. That’s always my favorite part. I love going to the temple! We also played some soccer. That was a good time. It was even better too because I could run without getting tired because we were at sea level, that was a huge difference. In our area we are seeing good progress, we are having a little bit of trouble with getting the investigators to church these past couple weeks, but we have some plans to help them out! The branch is awesome as always! We have a great mission night activity planned for this coming Friday. It should go great and we should be able to have a few new investigators
there as well. Today for p day we are going to a touristy place. I will make sure to take some pictures and sending them home very soon. I love you all very much and hope things are going great!
Elder Riggs
No comments:
Post a Comment