Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Letter from January 2

Can you believe its 2012?  I hope you all had a wonderful New Years Eve.  This week we had the Baptism of Natalie, the sister of Sayuri.  She is the girl that drank coffee, but she was able to overcome it and passed her interview with President Ardila.  She was baptized on Wednesday! It was a great way to end 2011, and an even better way to end the month of December.  We finished with 11 baptisms as a zone which is the most baptisms there has been in Tarma. It’s because the Lord placed people in our paths and all the missionaries are good missionaries that are excited to work.  That always makes things a lot easier and more enjoyable.  I am excited to start off this new year here in La Oroya.  I absolutely love this area, the people are so awesome, we have great support from the members, we have been constantly finding great people to teach, and the food is great! What more can you ask for?

Yesterday in church was pretty funny, we went to pick up a few investigators, which was a little hard considering that the majority were out very late, but when we arrived to the church we walked in about five minutes late, and there was literally 3 members in the whole church.  I got a pretty good laugh about it.  At 9:10 there were 6 and slowly they began to come.  As I told you punctuality isn’t the most important thing here, but it’s even worse after New Year’s Day.

Today I am heading to Lima for conference with President Ardila!  As always I am very excited! This conference we will be going to the temple and after we will be playing basketball together. We also got a call last night and the assistants told my companion that he needed to bring all his stuff to Lima, that he would be changing areas.  So I will return with a new companion.  I am excited.  I have learned quite a bit from him.  This could be my first change with a North American companion. We will have to see!  I will let you know how everything works out.  Thanks for all your support. I laugh when you say that I sound like a Latin over the phone.  Is it really that obvious?  I don’t notice. Then again I think I am the only person in all of La Oroya that speaks English. haha love you guys, take care and we will talk soon.  

Elder Eggs, Ex, Ritch, Ritz, Rihhhhh, ect.

No comments:

Post a Comment