This week has been a great week with my new companion Elder Norris. I can honestly say that it has made the mission more enjoyable to be companions with someone that works hard, and always has a great attitude. We get along very well and are always smiling. This week we worked very hard to find new investigators and put the ones that we have with a baptismal date. It didn’t go quite as well as we wanted, but I can’t complain because we were able to find many new investigators this week and put at least one with a baptismal date for this month. Tonight we have an appointment with a mother and her son, they are great. They have attended church a few times and other activities, the only problem is they are scared of what their family members will say if they get baptized and become members of the Mormon Church. We have planned a good lesson to help them with their fear so that they can accept a baptismal date for this weekend.
This week we also had a mission night at the church. It was an activity that we did for the investigators and to find new people to teach. It went very well and was actually very fun. Our theme was the Plan of Salvation. We had three rooms in the church, with something going on in each room. One of the rooms was a dance club, the other was a movie theater, and the third was a room with two missionaries teaching about the Plan of Salvation. We wanted them to be representations of the three kingdoms of Glory. The members and investigators had about 20 minutes to go to the room and participate, and at the end of 20 minutes we shut the doors and where they were is where they stayed. After we went to the Chapel and shared a little about the Plan of Salvation. It went great! Everyone loved it and thought it was hilarious, but at the same time very spiritual. The best part is that I was in charge of the dance room! I practically pulled people into the dance room. We had a great time and I also got to do the worm! Haha! After the activity we all got a good laugh, they said I was like Satan pulling the people into the temptation and keeping them there. Well that was my purpose. We are planning on having another activity like that in a few weeks and hoping for more investigators and members. It should go well!
In other news I broke the longest streak in the history of my life. I went 15 months almost 16 without McDonalds, but when we went to Lima last conference, they had Big Macs for each of us. I was in heaven for the 3 seconds that I was eating it. When it was gone I was thinking about how I could get another one, but I wasn’t successful. It was so good!!! For P-day last week we went to a huge cave, it was pretty sweet and I got a few good pictures. And today we are heading to cook some chocolate chip cookies at the pensionista’s house for P-day. I’m pretty stoked! She absolutely loves us. She is spoiling us with a ton of food. What a great lady. She is the Man! Talk to you soon.
Elder Riggs
In other news I broke the longest streak in the history of my life. I went 15 months almost 16 without McDonalds, but when we went to Lima last conference, they had Big Macs for each of us. I was in heaven for the 3 seconds that I was eating it. When it was gone I was thinking about how I could get another one, but I wasn’t successful. It was so good!!! For P-day last week we went to a huge cave, it was pretty sweet and I got a few good pictures. And today we are heading to cook some chocolate chip cookies at the pensionista’s house for P-day. I’m pretty stoked! She absolutely loves us. She is spoiling us with a ton of food. What a great lady. She is the Man! Talk to you soon.
Elder Riggs
No comments:
Post a Comment