Pilcomayo is a little different, it’s in the mountains. The majority isn’t quite as poor as my area in Pichanaki. The houses are usually spread out, so the contacts are a little harder, but we are working more with the members. We are preparing two, maybe three people for baptism this weekend! One is the lady that had a dream with us in it. She has accepted a baptismal date for this weekend. She is about 50 with 6 kids. Three live in the house, one doesn’t want to talk with us yet, but I know he will warm up to the idea. Her daughter that is 16 and her other daughter that is 11 also live with her. The one that is 16 is very interested and came to church with her mom, she hasn’t accepted a baptismal date, but we are hoping that she will this week! If not in this week, very soon! They are an awesome family! The rest of the investigators are good, we are having a little trouble finding them in their houses but it’s nothing that we can’t work around. As for my calling as district leader it is going good, the first class I taught there were 9 or 10 elders, it was a little big because we joined two districts. I’m still getting used to it, it’s more responsibility, but it’s going well.
This week I had very humbling experience when I entered into the home of one of member. An older man, about 65 and his wife. They have a small dirt house, with very little. He works sewing mattresses, and he makes very little. Throughout my mission I have never seen two people so happy to see the missionaries enter in their house. Their kids are older and don’t visit much at all. The wife began to cry she was so happy to see us, she said the missionaries hadn’t visited in a long time. It really made me sad, but at the same time glad for the opportunity to be there. It also helped me to realize something very important. Although I really like money and I would like to make a lot of money, it isn’t necessary to be happy. Although they have challenges, they are happy. It was an experience that made me very grateful for all that I have and for the blessing we have in our family to be so close and have so much. WE are as close as I am when I am standing on the bus here with tons of people smashed into one bus. It always brings a smile to my face to be squished with so many people, it doesn’t bother me cause I don’t know what personal space is haha!
Take it easy! Have a great week!!
Elder Riggs
No comments:
Post a Comment