Thursday, August 4, 2011

Letter from August 1

Well can you believe that tomorrow we have changes. I would really like to stay for a change longer, I know I have been in the jungle for awhile, but the ward is awesome and we are working with some awesome investigators. Yesterday we had the baptisms of Ivan and his sister Shirley.  It was great to see them entering the baptismal waters and setting the example for their families. Elena, the mother is very excited to continue in the church, we are awaiting the arrival of her husband to help them towards marriage.  The grandmother also attended their baptisms, she has come to church a few times, but still doesn’t want to accept a baptism, but I know with
the help of the Lord we will be able to help her understand the importance.   I had the privilege to baptize Ivan, and for the first time in my mission I got to confirm them too.  That was pretty
cool too. The rest of the investigators are doing very good as well.  We hope the best for all of them in this month of August!  Wow can you believe that it is August.  I can’t believe it!!  The time goes by fast!
My pensionista had her baby about a week ago.  She is thinking about a name to give her new baby, well we were talking a little about names and she is considering the name Skylar.  haha how cool is that?  In Peru they have 2 first names, she his thinking about Alex for the other name which is her husband, the branch president.  She hasn’t decided which to put first of the two.  It would be awesome if they end up putting Skylar first, because everyone would call him Skylar!! She hasn’t told me yet that she is going to name him Skylar, she told me she wants it to be a surprise when the baby receives his blessing, but she said it was between my name and the name of my comp. But her husband told me, I don’t think he knew it was a secret.  At least that is what he told me. It’s not 100 percent sure, but 98 percent.  I was pretty excited about that.  That little stud!!  They really have become my family her.  She asked me if I am going to come back after my mission, it’s been so great to get to know them and that’s another reason that I hope I stay here in the jungle.

Elder Riggs

No comments:

Post a Comment