Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Letter from May 16

Well the good news is that I am coming to you from the Jungle still! My companion and I are staying together this change as well.  I’m excited to stay and continue to work here in Pichanaki.  The work is moving along great and I did not want to change areas.  Right now we are preparing some people to be baptized.  We have found some good investigators that are very excited to hear the gospel and are progressing very fast.  It makes me very happy because those are the kind of people that are going to strong members of the church.  Here the challenge is less active members, so it’s always good to find people that are going to be strong members and possibly leaders.  On Sunday we had 3 investigators in church.  I can’t lie, for the first time in my mission I was expecting 8 to 10, because we had 12 that said that they were coming for sure, and they were progressing very well, but there always seems to be challenges on Sunday mornings. I was thinking about how my Sunday’s used to be before the mission and how they are now.  Before the mission, I would wake up like right before the sacrament meeting and try to make it on time, only worrying about what I was going to eat after church cause I didn’t have time to eat breakfast.  Now we are up and running, trying to pick up investigators, worrying if some are going to come, or why some haven’t showed up yet.  And at times preparing talks or classes haha. Its a little different.  When I get home I’m going to be lost on Sunday mornings, wanting to go pick up the neighbors to go to church.

Oh how could I forget, the other day in the bathroom... I was busy shaving the man hair off of my face, when I noticed in the mirror that behind me was a huge lizard!  But I (being a strong and courageous man) killed it without even being a little scared... alright time for the real story, I saw it and got scared, I took a picture then told my comp to kill it cause I wasn’t about to get close to that thing.  It was nuts.  A lizard in our bathroom, what will we find next? Love you guys!

Elder Riggs

No comments:

Post a Comment