Hola Everyone!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! I can´t believe everything that has happened since i got on the plane yesterday. The flights were really good! I talked to some people and handed out both an english book of mormon and a spanish book of mormon! It was awesome! But when i got here it was crazy! I was so excited when we landed and when i got out of the airport it hit me! It is so crazy and so awesome here.
We drove through the city for a while to get to the MTC, the city wasn´t as poor as i thought, and there were lots of american fast food places! But it still had a different look to it. Most of the cars looked a lot different, and they were all driving like crazy and honking all the time.... Apparently there are no traffic rules here or something. But anyway when we got to the MTC it was awesome. They had to open the gate for us to come in because the entire MTC is surrounded by cement walls and guards! but don´t worry, its safe!....
Now comes the really good stuff:) I got my companion, and he is a Peruvian native! So he speaks absolutely no english. haha so it might be a little difficult, but he is a way nice funny guy! I have to tell him to slow down when he talks pretty often. ha poor guy! But all the natives here are so nice! Its awesome!! I am in a room with 3 americans and 3 native´s! so its pretty crazy, but the language is going to come so fast now!! I also got my haircut again today! Yes i did say again:) Everyone in the MTC here has to have a buzzed head, believe it or not. So for the first time in my life my head is buzzed! i look a little goofy, but i actually kind of like it!! ha mom i know you probably don´t like the sound of that but just wait till you see it!
Today i tried the first real peruvian food in my life! Wow, it was definietly a little different, I had chicken, rice and beans, and some desert. Suprisingly it was all way good! Except i did get this one thing that had egg and who knows what else in it, that was pretty nasty. oh and the drink i had was some sort of canulope juice.. It tasted crazy.. I am definitely going to have to get used to all of the food!
But the MTC is soooooo awesome!!! It looks like the garden of eden, no joke! Flowers and green grass everywhere.. Pretty much everything is in spanish... They have a huge turf soccer field, basketball courts, ping pong, fusbol, and some game that i played with the natives today. it was way fun.. Im really starting to fit in with the natives too. My companion invited me to sit with him at lunch, and it was me and 10 other natives that spoke no english... That was a good time! Then we went outside and played that game.. I was jokin around with the natives! haha it was a good time:) They are all way funny! Their humor is good! Me gusta!! Today is a very chill day. They are giving us time to relax and do whatever pretty much.. Later today i get 3 hours to play soccer!! how crazy awesome is that!! this mtc is 100 times better than the Provo mtc, and i liked the provo mtc, so you can probably imagine! I guess we stay pretty busy though, and they basically plan our whole day for us, which is good though... There are only about 125 missionaries at this mtc too, so you get to know people a lot better and it makes for a definite good time!
I am a little concerned about the food though, cause i guess for the first week or two its really suppose to mess you up! haha not again!! The temperature is awesome here! Its in the 60´s, the humidity isnt bad at all either! The sky looks crazy, its basically completely gray, but not like it is in cache valley during the winter... Its a lot better! ha apparently peru only sees the sun like 20 days out of the year or something liek that, i don´t know if thats true but so far he has been right! Other than that its been crazy!! I love it sooo much! Its hard to explain how cool this really is! And i have only been here one day! But yeah everything here is going wonderful!! It was good to talk to you guys yesterday! Hope all is going well.. Im pretty sure my p day is on wednesday, so thats probably when i will be emailing, but im not positive! And we don´t have the dumb timing like we did in provo, so i will probably have an hour or so to email and let you know all that is going on! I wish you guys could see how awesome it is here!! Seriously!! I am going to go, its about time to go play some soccer!!! ha who knew it would be that cool!!! and get in with all the natives!!! or at least try:) I miss you all and love you all!! Hope all is well and i will talk to you soon! Adios from Peru!!
No comments:
Post a Comment