Monday, September 17, 2012

Letter from September 17


I know that I am going home next week, but it still hasn´t hit me completely yet. I can´t believe that I will be seeing all of you in 9 days!  How awesome is that. I am also very, very excited to see you guys and spend time with you!  Thanks for all your support, letters, packages, emails and encouragement that you have given me over these two years!  I have learned so much and have grown so much in my testimony.
 
Saturday will be my last full day to proselyte, Sunday I will be heading to the office.  So I am down to my last days here in the mission.  I just gotta work hard to the end and enjoy these last days.  It’s hard to explain what I feel. I am so grateful for being born in our family, and for the opportunity to serve a full time mission.  The mission really has been the best two years for my life.  Although I know it will be hard to leave Peru, the mission, and all the wonderful people I have met. I will be happy because I know that I have worked hard and although I have made mistakes, I know that I have given my all. When I got to the mission I didn’t have a strong testimony of this church, but now I leave with a very strong, sure testimony that this is the only true church on the earth that will lead us to the salvation.  I know the scriptures are true as well, over my mission I have had the opportunity to read and study the ‘Book of Mormon’ 4 times.  Every time I read it I learn new lessons and principles that the lord wants to teach me.  As I study it with investigators in mind or the missionaries in the zone, I have found special things that the Lord has taught me to help them.  I know that the ‘Book of Mormon’ will help us greatly in our journey through this life and the trials that we can pass.  I have a strong testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith.  I know that he was called as a prophet to restore the gospel. I also have felt a strong spirit hearing the prophet Thomas S. Monson, as well as the apostles and other general authorities.  I know that they have been called of God to help us know what God wants from us and to show us the way that we should live.  I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. I have learned that without His atonement we would have no purpose in this life.  I am so grateful for what he did for me.  I know that every area that I have had, the Lord has put me there for a reason.  I have learned more in this last area, I have learned to be more humble and trust more in the Lord and His promises.  I know I will be finishing the mission, but I will continue progressing in the gospel.  Thanks for all of your great examples!  I love you all very much!  The next time we talk will be in person!  Get ready!  It will be awesome to see you all!!!!!!!

Elder Riggs

No comments:

Post a Comment