Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Letter from August 6


We are about to head off to Lima for council with the President.  I can´t believe it’s already the beginning of another month.  I got a new companion this past week, Elder Mitchell. Believe it or not I am with another North American.  President sure likes to put me with North Americans, because once again there is only one North American companionship in the entire mission and it’s us!  Elder Mitchell is from California, he is an awesome kid!  The bad news is that we have been on the mission the same amount of time, so that makes it possible that I leave Cerro in a few weeks. Let’s hope not though.  I am loving it here!  Yesterday we had great success in sacrament meeting. We ended up having 6 people there.  They all have desire to progress as well.  Only one of them has a baptismal date.  His name is Jose, he is Hectors nephew.  He accepted to be baptized this coming Sunday.  The other investigators that came, came for the first time.  We are teaching a lady named Jenny, she has a daughter named Elizabeth. They haven´t accepted a baptismal date yet, but that is our goal for this week.  Another one is Elsa, she is awesome, she is a reference from a member.  She hasn´t accepted either yet, but we will be working on that this week.  I can´t lie the work is as good as it has ever been.  It’s a great blessing.

I wanted to mention that I met Elder Norris´s parents.  They are going to be in Peru for 2 weeks and passed by Cerro, they are great people!  His dad served in Puerto Rico many years ago, but spoke pretty decent Spanish still.  His mom spoke in English and Elder Norris translated when we were all together in the Pension.  It was so weird to see two American parents.  It has been quite a while since I have seen that. I will be seeing them more though in upcoming track meets. It was also very strange listening to English straight from the states.  I spoke horrible English.  I couldn’t remember the work altitude. Good times!  Sorry I’m running out of time, keep up the great work and we will talk soon!

Elder Riggs

No comments:

Post a Comment