Here in Cerro it has been another great week! In church
yesterday we were able to have a couple of
investigators, Jenny, and Elsa. Jenny is the lady that attended last week with her daughter.
She accepted a date to be
baptized the 25th of this month with her daughter. They are progressing nicely. Something very special
that I have seen throughout my mission and I continue to see is the
power that the ‘Book of Mormon’
has. When we begin to teach people, they always have a lot of doubts and challenges, but when they take the time
to read the Book of Mormon that we leave them, they almost always
gain a testimony and progress quickly. I
have seen that in Jenny. When we first started teaching her she didn’t
want to accept very quickly what
we were teaching. She mentioned that she was very catholic and that she truly believed that the Catholic
church was the true church,
because it was the first church here in Peru. It was a little difficult to overcome her doubts, but when
she began to read the Book of Mormon, all that changed. Now she is very receptive to our teaching and is
progressing towards baptism. She has only
read 4 chapters and it has completely
changed her. I have a true testimony of the Book of Mormon. I know if we read it, it will have the same
power in our lives, I have seen it
throughout my mission. We just need to continue preparing them for the 25th, her and her daughter.
Also Elsa came to church for
the second time, she is also progressing nicely, but hasn´t been reading as consistently, and it is very obvious.
We plan on helping her with
that need so that everything turns out well with her. She really enjoys the church, but needs to
understand the importance of reading. Jose, left Cerro de Pasco, so we will
see with him. He is Hector’s
nephew, he has the desire, the only problem is that he sometimes has to go to his village to work. I
will keep you posted on him.
Tomorrow are changes. I don’t know what
is going to happen, but I hope that I stay
here. I love this area. It is the best! In other news, the
conference with President in Lima was great!
It was weird because the majority
of my good buddies that were usually there have all finished their missions, but it was still a great time.
President is a powerful man! I love that guy! He mostly talked
to us about the importance of being obedient and
giving our time to the Lord in
these two years. It was a great conference. I love you guys a bunch and
hope everything is going great!!
No comments:
Post a Comment