Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Letter from May 14


Well I told you about the majority of what was going on here yesterday.  I would like to tell you about a little experience we had knocking doors on Saturday.  While we were knocking on a door a guy opened his window across the street and greeted us.  We asked his if he had seen his neighbors in their home. He responded and left from the window.  We felt like we should talk to him.  Joking around with my companion, I told him that the guy was a future Bishop.  Well we knocked on the window and waited.  No one came out so we knocked again.  Finally, the man came to the window and began to talk with us.  He was a very nice man and very happy to see us.  We set up an appointment with him for tomorrow and he said that he would love us to come.  Afterwards we left and went are the corner to continue knocking doors.   Well after we had contacted someone my companion told me to look down the street.  When I looked I saw a man off in the distance that was calling us and telling us to come.  As we got closer we realized that it was the same guy that we had just contacted, which was a little weird but at the same time interesting because I don’t think a contact has ever called me to come back.  As we arrived he asked us if we could come in.  We entered and he gave us some Inca Cola to drink.  He was there with his family, his wife and three kids. By the way he is married!!  After talking with him for a moment he said that he would glad to hear us Tuesday.  We both left a little surprised and happy!  We will have to see how it goes but I think he is one of the chosen.  I sure hope so!  I will let you know how it goes!  Well that’s about it.  I love you guys and hope you all have a great week!  Take it easy and we will talk soon!

Elder Riggs

No comments:

Post a Comment