Monday, October 3, 2011

Letter from October 3

I have some great news!   Milagros and Sergio have accepted to be married and baptized the same day.  They even set their own date, for the 19th of October.  HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!   They are so excited too!  They have told us that this is what they have been searching for the past few years because they were having some difficulties in their relationship.  Well things are all going great now.  He went to work for a 14 days, but Milagros came to two sessions of conference she said that she felt like the scriptures were speaking to her.  She has felt the spirit so strong that whatever we teach she accepts. She has such a strong testimony.  Although her
future husband doesn’t have a testimony quite as strong he still has a very strong one and is accepting everything as well.  This is a miracle family!  I am so happy and feel so blessed to have been able to find them.  Continue to pray for them, we know there will be challenges but there is nothing that we can’t beat.

I love conference.  That might come as a surprise since when I was home I enjoyed doing other things or ended up asleep starting the first talk, but now I get so excited I couldn’t possible fall asleep.  I have gained a special love for conference here in the mission that is unexplainable.  I remember my buddy Chase once said that in his mission they were waiting for the conference with as much excitement as waiting for the Superbowl.  Those are true words.  My favorite speakers are the Prophet and Pres. Eyring.  He is the MAN!!!  I was literally a little sad when conference ended, my goal is right when I get back get tickets to go in live to one of the sessions in the upcoming year.  I would love that!!!

Last P-day I got to fish, and I don’t know if you heard but I’m kind of a big deal!  Let’s just say out of all the missionaries that fished, including the sisters, I was the last to catch a fish. But I did catch a fish, and let me also add that I tried some fried fish, and it wasn’t as bad as I thought, it’s not my favorite that is for sure, but I enjoyed it!  I am coming over my fears and eating things I thought I would never eat in all of my life. Hasta Luego!

Elder Riggs

No comments:

Post a Comment