Friday, October 14, 2011

Letter from October 10

It’s been another wonderful week here in the City of Pilcomayo.  As I told you last week we have people we are teaching and hoping to baptize in this week.  Well we´ve made some good progress.  Milagros and Sergio are doing well.  Unfortunately Satan is working very hard and trying to discourage Sergio.  He is currently working in the mine and won’t be home until Friday, but at the first of the week when we went to visit the wife she was a little bit in doubt, and said that he was too.  Not because of the church, because they have both received answers to their prayers and felt the spirit very strong.  The only problem is they are a little afraid of commitment since they were having some problems before.  This week Milagros told us that things weren’t going very good in their relationship and they were having some struggles, so they came to an agreement to separate for some time.  She was going to buy her bus ticket Sunday, and that just happened to be the day that we ran into them.  Coincidence? I think not!  That night when we visited them, she said all their problems and troubles went away.  They found what they were missing and what would help them overcome their problems.  I know they will be married. We are staying in contact with Sergio by phone and he seems excited, there were a few difficulties but we are overcoming them.  He wants to wait and get married later but we know that now is the time, they can´t wait longer or Satan will continue to work very hard.  Saturday we will be getting together with him and his wife when he arrives to excite him and with the help of the spirit help him understand that now is the time.  Then we will be having his wedding the next Wednesday and his baptism the same day, with a little party in the church.  Thanks to the members they are helping us a lot and are going to make a lunch, a wedding cake, and put together a little party in the church after their baptisms.  They are awesome!

My pensionista told me today that Flor (the lady we baptized with her girls) and Mari were talking and said that when I leave they are going to cry.  It made me feel good to hear that, even though I haven’t been here that long, I have made friendships here and met people that I will never forget and have had a huge impact in my life.

As missionaries we always offer our help and service to people, sometimes people accept, but when we ask them if we can help them by washing their clothes or cleaning the house they usually just laugh and say no don’t worry about it (they must know how I clean)  Well this week without thinking twice I offered to wash clothes for an older lady in the ward.  Well without thinking twice she said, of course, that would be great. We ended up going to her house and we really washed the clothes.  I can’t lie the first time I have done it by hand, it’s much harder, and to add to all of that we were washing the clothes of a 1 year old, and boy did that little sucker make a mess in his pants, and there a lot of pants. Unfortunately i seemed to grab all the clothes that had crap, I’m not sure if my companion set me up of what, but after about one hour of hard work, we finished! That’s about it for this week!  Things are still going good, just praying for Sergio and Milagros!  And enjoying the mission.  Love you all lots. Good bye

Elder Riggs

No comments:

Post a Comment