Who would have guessed that in this week I will be completing 1 year in the mission? I still can´t believe it! Everyone always says time in the mission flies, well that is an understatement.
It goes by so fast! It’s crazy to think that I’m at the half way mark. I feel good though. I have seen a lot of improvement and maturity over the last year and I have met a ton of awesome people and had the chance to teach many of them the gospel. I still have a lot to do to improve and to be a better missionary. I am making some goals for the next year to keep improving and to have more success. I have the goal to baptize 3.5 to 4 people every month for the rest of my mission. It would be awesome to be able to complete it and I know I can do it. Speaking of baptisms, Saturday we had a baptism!! His name is Jaime, he is 19 years old, his mom was baptized first a couple months ago and he was excited to be baptized and loves coming to church every Sunday. I had the opportunity to baptize him! We have quite a few investigators that are preparing to be baptized. This Saturday the daughters of Flor are going to be baptized!!!!! They are going to be such a strong family in the church.
It goes by so fast! It’s crazy to think that I’m at the half way mark. I feel good though. I have seen a lot of improvement and maturity over the last year and I have met a ton of awesome people and had the chance to teach many of them the gospel. I still have a lot to do to improve and to be a better missionary. I am making some goals for the next year to keep improving and to have more success. I have the goal to baptize 3.5 to 4 people every month for the rest of my mission. It would be awesome to be able to complete it and I know I can do it. Speaking of baptisms, Saturday we had a baptism!! His name is Jaime, he is 19 years old, his mom was baptized first a couple months ago and he was excited to be baptized and loves coming to church every Sunday. I had the opportunity to baptize him! We have quite a few investigators that are preparing to be baptized. This Saturday the daughters of Flor are going to be baptized!!!!! They are going to be such a strong family in the church.
It doesn’t take long until my pensionista and her family is like my second family. They are
awesome! I have literally been so blessed to have the coolest pensionistas in the world. I now have 3 second moms and 3 houses here in Perú and one in the Dominican Republic. With sister Genara we joke around a lot and get along great. In the little time I have here it has been great to become friends with so many people. My favorite is the sister that introduced us to Flor! Her name is Mari, she is in her late 40s, just like you old folks... Mom and Dad!! haha just kidding. But she is awesome, she makes me laugh so hard and helps us out so much here in
Pilcomayo.
Just so you all know I have not eaten Mcdonald’s for over a year now!! I am still living somehow, but I don’t think I will make it two years. Oh and thanks for all your support. Love you all bye.
Elder Riggs
No comments:
Post a Comment