Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Letter from September 12

Wednesday we are supposed to have changes, but for some reason in my area we have already had changes.  I still don’t know why, but I have a new companion.  His name is Elder Espinoza, he is from Tumba, Peru.  He is the man!  We get along well and have had a ton of success in the little time we have had together.  It’s been great to have him as a companion and I am sure it will go great.  We have a baptism for this week and we are hoping to have at least two next week.  We are making a ton of progress and the members continue to help out.  We seriously have received so many references and we have a great relationship with all the members.  I am loving it!   It’s also been a great blessing to see our district improve since the first of the change.  We have improved in many ways and are having a lot more success.  I have become good friends with all the guys in my district and it has really been a blessing to help the other missionaries.  The best experience that I have had as district leader has been seeing the work that we have done during the week and pray and study to know what I should share with the other Elders so that we can improve and help the investigators better in our areas.  The Lord has helped me to know every single week what I should share with them.  It has helped my testimony to grow to know that God calls us to do things and is there to help us do it.

Last week was one of the sickest P days that I have had.  We literally went to a mini Machu Pichu.  About an hour from my area, in the top of the mountains there is an ancient city.  That was built many years ago.  It was built out of rocks, everything.  It was a city that was believed to be built by the Inca´s, the same people that built Machu Pichu.   It wasn’t as pretty as Machu Pichu, because it had been half destroyed, but it was awesome to see!  Ahh the great things I get to see in the mission!  Sorry you can’t all be in Peru, to see ancient cities, and dogs on every street and in every home that apparently don’t like the Gringo. Another week of great experiences and good times.  Keep up the good work there at home and don’t eat too much rice, it might be bad for your health.  I’m doing a two year experiment to find out haha! Take care and talk to you all soon!

Elder (muscle beach, cabezon) Riggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment