I just finished one of the best weeks ever. I am very happy and very excited for the next couple weeks. Yesterday we had quite a few investigators at church, and they are all progressing and very excited to follow the example of the Savior and be baptized. I was actually a little surprised to see all of them in church. I was expecting most of them But to my great surprise they ALL showed up! They arrived on Peruvian time, which is anywhere from 20 minutes late to... well there really isn’t a limit, but the good thing is that they made it! Then we spent the day visiting, and teaching the majority of them.
This weekend we have the baptisms of Paulino and Satornina planned out. They are very excited, and progressing a ton! We also are preparing a few others for the next weekend. I told you a little bit about Hector, he is 30 years old, he is the man! To my surprise, he came to church. He has his business and said it would be hard to leave because he is in charge, but he found someone that can help him there so that he can come to church. We also are teaching Helena and her family. She has come to church many times, she isn’t married and her boyfriend has been traveling, but when he returns we’ll work towards marriage. She has 2 kids that have come to church with her. One is 12 and the other (named Ivan) is 22. We have talked with Ivan about a baptism date of July 31st. He said that he would love to, but we are going to continue to visit him and secure that date. This is the best progress I have seen in Pichanaki!
We have a new mission President. He is from Colombia, President Ardila! He is the man too! ( I know what you’re thinking, everyone is the man, haha but it’s true.) He taught us a lot about the importance of members. My interview was awesome! He told me that he knew that I was a great young man, and a wonderful missionary. He told me that he can feel that I have matured a ton in the time I have had in the mission. Oh and we did a service project, and I worked with a machete. Just know that I am living in the jungle, doing the Lord’s work, and loving it!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment