Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Letter from July 11

I had a little surprise the night of my birthday.  I didn’t think anyone really knew the day of my birthday, but I remember telling a couple members when we were first here in this area and they must have remembered.  The members bought 2 cakes.  It was the best!  I really can’t believe that I turned 20, I feel like a little kid still. Some of the members threw me a party. On one of the cakes they had my name printed and boy did it make me laugh.  I told you that our last name is hard to pronounce here, well apparently it’s even harder to spell.  Instead of Riggs, it says, ¨Ritch¨…funny!  But they are all so awesome, they sang, they all said a few inspirational words to me and we celebrated with the amazing taste of cake. They are like my family here, it’s funny how close you really get to the ward that you serve in, I love it. 

We are progressing with the investigators. We have the goal to have three baptisms in this month, and things are looking very bright, with hard work and the help of the Lord, we will for sure reach the goal and hopefully pass it.  We have a couple that are about 50 years old, they are preparing for this
24th of July and it was great to see their smiling faces yet again in the congregation all three hours of church. We also have 3 others that we have been challenging for the 30th of this month, they are very excited, some have come to church a few times.  We just need to help them understand the importance of baptism and they can be baptized the 30th.  One of the three is a lady that is about 65 years old.  She loves coming to church and comes early, but she doesn’t want to be baptized yet.  But I know we can overcome that challenge, her daughter that is about 40 comes too, she isn’t married and her husband is away for a few months, but in the meantime she is progressing very well.  We also have a guy named Hector, he is 28, he is a stud!  We have been teaching him a lot about the Book of Mormon because he had doubts about it, but now he has received his own testimony. I am praying that he can be in the baptismal font the 30th.  The third is a guy who is 25 and living with his girlfriend, they have 2 kids and want to get married.  She has doubts of the church still, but little by little we will help her out.  He is the person that I have seen the most change in during my mission.  When we found him he was a little resistant, but he began to pray, read, and come to church, and he made so many changes, really he has changed his life.

I appreciate your prayers and support.  They help so much.  Just know that I am doing awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment