Here in Cerro de Pasco things are
going good! I talked with President over the phone today and it looks like I will be finishing my mission here
in Cerro. He didn’t come out
and say that I would be finishing here, but he did same some things that gave me hints. The great news is that
he gave me permission to go to La
Oroya to baptize Sabastian, the son of Abraham and Dina! How cool is that! President Ardila
is the man!! I will be going in two weeks before we head to Lima for the
monthly conference.
As I mentioned last week we have
been teaching a man named Hector, he had a baptismal date for this past Saturday. He was the one that asked at
first when he could be baptized. Thursday night after we taught him we talked about visiting him the next day.
When we arrived Friday, he wasn´t there. We didn’t think anything about it until that night when
he still hadn´t returned home.
We still haven´t found him and
his cell phone is shut off. He has land in a village that is about an hour and a half from here, so we
believe that he is there. It
was a little hard because he was so excited to be baptized this past weekend. We are hoping that he returns so that we can be in contact
with him this week. I will
keep you posted.
In the zone we are struggling a little bit. I know we have been working hard to help the missionaries to have success, as well as in our area, but we haven’t been seeing too much. The hard part is knowing that we are working hard, but not seeing results. I have learned throughout my mission though that I learn more when I am not having as much success. I know that I am learning a lot right now about how to be a better missionary to be able to see more results.
Funny story… the clothes here in Cerro don’t dry very quickly, and the water is freezing so it sucks to wash clothes by hand. I know we have a member that washes our clothes, but I didn´t have any clean socks so I wanted to wash them by hand and then hang them up to dry real quick. Well I put them in a big jar with water and some shampoo, because there wasn´t any detergent at the time. I had been pretty busy and I had postponed to clean them for about a week. Word of advice, don’t every leave socks in cold water for a week. It’s not a good idea. They smelled worse than my breath does when I eat Applebee’s nachos. I´m not even kidding you, my companion was dying. Well I rinsed them out and hung them out to dry before washing them again. I guess you could say that I learned my lesson! ha Take care and I hope that all is well!
Elder Riggs
In the zone we are struggling a little bit. I know we have been working hard to help the missionaries to have success, as well as in our area, but we haven’t been seeing too much. The hard part is knowing that we are working hard, but not seeing results. I have learned throughout my mission though that I learn more when I am not having as much success. I know that I am learning a lot right now about how to be a better missionary to be able to see more results.
Funny story… the clothes here in Cerro don’t dry very quickly, and the water is freezing so it sucks to wash clothes by hand. I know we have a member that washes our clothes, but I didn´t have any clean socks so I wanted to wash them by hand and then hang them up to dry real quick. Well I put them in a big jar with water and some shampoo, because there wasn´t any detergent at the time. I had been pretty busy and I had postponed to clean them for about a week. Word of advice, don’t every leave socks in cold water for a week. It’s not a good idea. They smelled worse than my breath does when I eat Applebee’s nachos. I´m not even kidding you, my companion was dying. Well I rinsed them out and hung them out to dry before washing them again. I guess you could say that I learned my lesson! ha Take care and I hope that all is well!
Elder Riggs
No comments:
Post a Comment