Good Morning to all!! I am writing you a day late because yesterday we had the Christmas conference with President Ardila and his family. We traveled to La Merced, the great jungle of Perú. The conference was with the zones La Merced and the zone I’m in (Tarma). The best part was the skits we performed. Each zone prepared a skit and had to act it out at the conference. Although we only practiced two times, everything went very well. We did an imitation of the movie Madagascar. But as missionaries that were in the MTC that wanted to leave and go to the mission field. It was pretty funny. I played the part of Marty, the Zebra. The funny part is after the performances, they gave an award for the best actor. I’m still not sure how, but I ended up winning. All I did was act crazy and I also danced. I’m pretty sure I won for my awesome dancing skills. My reward was a banner from Colombia and some candy, because President is Colombian. It’s pretty sweet!
Now, I have some of the best news of the week and of my whole mission! Last week I told you that we were working with the family of Dina, Abraham, and their three kids. Everything worked out great with their papers for their marriage. Friday, they were civilly married!!!!!!!! That same day the whole family was baptized!!!!!! With the help of the members we had a reception party too. It was probably the biggest blessing I have witnessed in the mission. Their testimonies have grown so much in the short time of 3 and a half weeks that we have known them. It goes to show that when someone feels the spirit that strong, there is nothing that can get in the way. It was a very spiritual experience because I have prayed to find families. I know that God is listening to my prayers, and the prayers of each one of you. Thank you so much!! After the marriage and the baptism. The Mother, Dina, and her two daughters, Catherine 23, and Zamira 20 stayed in the room where we had the baptismal service crying. We weren’t sure why, but we came to find out that they were overcome by the spirit and the feeling of being completely clean! The party we had after was awesome. With a wedding cake, snacks, and decorations, and yes, we did most of the decorating! haha so I don’t know how good it looked. Dina and Abraham and a bunch of the members danced and celebrated. That was the only down side, ha I couldn’t get my groove on. That’s probably a good thing though for the sake of the members. How cool is that though? It shows that we need to keep working hard and the blessings that we want will come, sometimes we will have to wait, but they will come in the due time of the Lord. It really was one of the best moments in my mission!! I am so grateful! What a great Christmas present. They are already planning their trip to the temple next year to be sealed! Enjoy the week and we will be talking soon.
Now, I have some of the best news of the week and of my whole mission! Last week I told you that we were working with the family of Dina, Abraham, and their three kids. Everything worked out great with their papers for their marriage. Friday, they were civilly married!!!!!!!! That same day the whole family was baptized!!!!!! With the help of the members we had a reception party too. It was probably the biggest blessing I have witnessed in the mission. Their testimonies have grown so much in the short time of 3 and a half weeks that we have known them. It goes to show that when someone feels the spirit that strong, there is nothing that can get in the way. It was a very spiritual experience because I have prayed to find families. I know that God is listening to my prayers, and the prayers of each one of you. Thank you so much!! After the marriage and the baptism. The Mother, Dina, and her two daughters, Catherine 23, and Zamira 20 stayed in the room where we had the baptismal service crying. We weren’t sure why, but we came to find out that they were overcome by the spirit and the feeling of being completely clean! The party we had after was awesome. With a wedding cake, snacks, and decorations, and yes, we did most of the decorating! haha so I don’t know how good it looked. Dina and Abraham and a bunch of the members danced and celebrated. That was the only down side, ha I couldn’t get my groove on. That’s probably a good thing though for the sake of the members. How cool is that though? It shows that we need to keep working hard and the blessings that we want will come, sometimes we will have to wait, but they will come in the due time of the Lord. It really was one of the best moments in my mission!! I am so grateful! What a great Christmas present. They are already planning their trip to the temple next year to be sealed! Enjoy the week and we will be talking soon.
Love you,
Elder Riggs
Elder Riggs
No comments:
Post a Comment